How to Choose a Winning Topic for Essay Writing: Guide for Students
Essay writing is always something special for students. Most of us do not like those tasks with no certain topic. While it is clear how to write and edit your essay, students not always know how to choose the right theme.
Fortunately, you have our top-class team of writers who can help students and teach them how to choose the right essay direction, as well as free essay writing software EssayToolBox. Also, we gathered a list of 25 various themes that will fit different essay types.
- Animals’ rights are always a great problem to discuss, especially with students. You can try to talk about circuses or zoos and alternatives to those places where animals live without natural environment.
- Another great path for argumentative essay writing is young criminals. Discuss, what are the factors to influence fate and life choice of those kids? Is it their environments, parents, society or something else?
- Write about professional entertainers (musicians, actors, performers, dancers, and other stars) and athletes and their income. Do you think those people are paid too much? Get your arguments.
- Lots of students wear a uniform. Do you think tutors should also have their special dress code?
- Writing about nuclear weapons is always a good idea. Do you think this type of weapon was invented to be a peacemaker?
- Gender equality is a very popular theme these days. Do you think that girls and boys should be separated as students?
- Do you think the death penalty should be banned forever and why?
- Is it still necessary to use animals in scientific needs in the 21st century?
- Writing about sex and relationships between teenagers is another great suggestion. Try to consider what age is good for students to date with each other.
- Here you must use your imagination. So imagine that one day chaos gets over the planet. How people will act if there will be no rules at all.
- Is it effective for students to use laptops and tablets instead of usual notepads?
- Students of high and elementary schools often are not allowed to use smartphones in those institutions. Is it right?
- Do you think that it is fair to demand from rich countries to support those poor ones?
- Is it necessary to explore space?
- How does fashion influence on students’ lives?
- Do modern technologies have a too heavy impact on our lives today?
- What person from the past you would like to become a teacher in your university or college? Who should it be and why?
- Is it true that men took over too many jobs with a high salary? Is it necessary to help women to get better jobs?
- Is it necessary to grade teachers? Who should do that, students or other teachers?
- What factors are important for a student to be successful in his post-graduate life?
- Should humanity increase fields to grow more food by destroying forests?
- Is it necessary kids to have any other duties at home except their homework? Use your personal experience to explain your point of view.
- Should teens vote before they become students? At what age should old people lose their right to vote?
- Why should government increase control over junk food sellers?
- What more effective ways to protect endangered animals do you know?
How Students Can Select a Good Essay Topic
As we said before, looking for a nice and winning essay topic is always a great struggle. Sometimes it can be even harder than the writing process itself. Obviously, it is always easier when the direction of his essay was determined by the teacher. But is it better? Well, the answer is not too obvious here.
You should consider a task to find a theme not a problem but an opportunity and even an advantage. Great essay writing is always about passion and interest of the author about the theme. And a teacher may not assign a student with something interesting, while a student can find a really special theme and write a masterpiece because of his passion for the problem.
Even if you've decided what to write about you may face some challenges when looking for adequate and reliable information sources. Any institution you know is very serious about the info a student provides in his paper. If you don’t want to risk getting a low grade for plagiarised material, consider some safe information sources listed below:
- Printed sources. Everything you can find in the library, book store and even your own bookshelf can be a great source for your essay. It might seem a bit out of date since most students prefer using digital information sources. Books, however, are still primary and irreplaceable database;
- Internet. It seems very obvious to modern students, but you need to know few important factors. There are lots scam sources on the web that offer plagiarised data. Most professors set special requirements concerning theme investigation on the Internet. Not to fall victim to fraudsters pay attention to domain names. The most reliable are gov., edu., and official websites. Try to use only those reputable websites with no Wikipedia and things like that.
- Classroom discussions and lecture notes. Although these sources may not provide you with a significant amount of information, they are worth using to make your paper sound professional. As you see it is very important to take notes on every lecture, you attend.